Who can provide cosmetic injectables in Australia?

Although you may think of getting wrinkle relaxer or fillers as a beauty regime, it is a medical procedure. We are lucky to live in Australia, as Australia has very high standards of medical care, with cosmetic medicine being no exception.

To deliver cosmetic injectables in Australia, the person administering must be either a Doctor, Dentist or registered nurse. Enrolled nurses may only inject under direct supervision.

Another important consideration is making sure your cosmetic injector is insured. Injectors are trained on facial anatomy, however in 75% of cases the veins and arteries vary from the ‘textbook’. This variation means there is a small risk of complications with every procedure. Your cosmetic injector should have a support service available in this instance, and be prepared for complication management. Illuminate Aesthetics stock emergency medications, and have 24/7 hotline access if needed. Additionally, we consult as thoroughly as possible prior to starting our services, and take safety steps to reduce the risks as much as possible.

Disclaimer: Content in this blog and linked materials is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. If you or any other person has a medical concern, professional medical treatment should be sought. Call your doctor or emergency services immediately if you believe you have a medical emergency.